KLARA shares her expert tips on how to have perfectly kissable lips this Valentine’s Day…
With Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching, who doesn’t want to have flawless lips to sport that sweet pink, or seductive red lip? Or maybe you’re going for a natural look and just want your lips to be silky smooth for the occasion. It’s tough to keep your lips soft in the dry cold winter air, but with KLARA’s great EASY at home remedy, you can make sure your lips are…
Wearing lipstick or lipgloss over rough or chapped lips is never a good look! They are meant to compliment your lips, and unfortunately they do not cover up any unfortunate lip defects. Matte lip colors and clear gloss especially emphasize even the slightest flaws. The following tips are simple, yet extremely effective ways to make sure you have the perfect kiss for your honey this Valentine’s day:
- Drink plenty of water to prevent chapping. In the cold, dry winter months, your skin loses moisture to the atmosphere. Water not only keeps your skin, including the delicate skin of your lips, hydrated, but it also helps to keep your system flushed from toxins and waste.
- Invest in a humidifier. Dry air in your home can also take away from your skins moisture. If you cannot invest in an air-moistening humidifier, try heating a damp towel to do the trick!
- Exfoliate your lips. If you want smooth lips it is necessary to exfoliate them, as you do with the skin of your face and body. KLARA suggests that you mix some honey and sugar to perform a gentle scrub.
- After you brush your teeth with your toothbrush and toothpaste, day and night… Rinse off your toothbrush and pucker your lips as you gently massage your lips in a circular motion with your clean toothbrush.
- Apply lip balm. Be sure to apply lip balm to keep your lips moisturized.
- Last but definitely not least, come visit KLARA Beauty Lab for lip augmentation with dermal filler. This safe and noninvasive procedure, contours and fills your lips instantaneously! For more information on this procedure visit our ‘Botox | Filler Lab’ page.
Try to avoid these common mistakes:
- Be careful with lip plumbers! Lip plumping products often include spices, such as pepper, paprika or other aggravating ingredients, that can irritate your lips and the skin around your lips. Those voluptuous lips are not so precious if your mouth is irritated all night. Not to mention your lover may not be fond of the tingling sensation.
- Avoid drinking red wine at dinner. Red wine can stain your lips and teeth. Other foods may have the same unwanted staining effect so be sure to use your bottom teeth, and let your tongue do the work!
By: Priscilla Amado
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/_zahira_/1041149506/”>_Zahira_</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>cc</a>